motto

" "L'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle. The love that moves the sun and the other stars." eatpraylove

Monday, February 28, 2011

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Phillipians 4:8

Some of my  favorite things to write about are photographs, quotes, experiences, people and especially about what God is teaching me in my life. Usually this is something I can only share with people I am super close too or the comfort and safety of a journal but what's the harm in blogging about it? I love getting insight from others and I have the right to freedom of speech, last time I checked. That freedom of speech lately has been negative words however coming out of my mouth. This past weekend I realized what a sailor mouth I had; first reality when I said crap in front of my nieces and nephews- who luckily didn't pick up on it, but made me think that I want to be a positive influence in their life and not teach them bad words. the second time was when I was using my blackberry to record a song I heard on the radio and the car in front of me swerved into my line and slammed on their brakes- scaring the living daylights outta me and when i played back my recording i heard my potty mouth and didn't like how my voice sounded, so un-lady like. The final reality check was when a co-worker of mine commented on how I had been speaking lately and I realized I wasn't portraying my true character. Now, I'm not saying cussing or mean words don't have there place or time because sometimes when we're mad that helps us blow off steam. But lately I've been thinking how we only have one shot at this life and I want my legacy to be a positive one. Call me a hippie but : share the love, be good to others and speak kind words, these are rules I wanna live by. I think it really makes a difference about how your attitude towards life and shows you interact with people. There have been many opportunities  in my young life to Give Back whether it was at youth group or out on the mission field in a foreign country, but why can't it happen in my own house or hometown? Life is beautiful, I have been so blessed  by God; so why not be good to the world in hopes that it will be good to me. It's okay if this comes off as cheesy or silly because all I am trying to do is put a smile on your face and work towards making this world a better place by simple acts of kindness.

Ephesians 4:29 (New International Version, ©2010)

 29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Today, give a stranger one of your smiles.  It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.  ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.  If you want to be happy, practice compassion.  ~Dalai Lama

2 comments: